Marine Futures Conference
The South West is leading a UK revolution in renewable and green technologies, with an ambition to become the greenest economy in England and the first to reach net zero. By 2045, floating offshore wind (FLOW) production in the Celtic Sea aims to supply a quarter of the UK’s energy requirements, alongside clean propulsion, aquaculture and green hydrogen all heralding an exciting era of innovation and new business growth. These developments provide the opportunity to transform the economy of Northern Devon within a UNESCO biosphere, to grow and create new businesses, and to offer exciting world-class careers across a broad range of sectors.
Want to find out more about the exciting opportunities on your doorstep?
Join us at our Marine Futures Conference on 22 June from 8:30am where you will gain valuable insight into the timescales and supply chain realities of FLOW.
- 8.30-9.30am: Business breakfast – organised by STEM learning: Engaging and Retaining the Future Workforce in Marine and Green
- 9.30 – 2pm: FLOW supply chain Business conference
- 1.45pm – 3pm: Gwynt Glas SW supply chain briefing
- 2pm – 4pm: Presentations & workshops for Yr12/level 3 students (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 4-6pm: CPD for teachers organised by STEM learning (contact email@example.com)
- 6pm – 7.30pm: Parents, community session