Leadership & Management for Small Business Owners
As a small business owner, it is essential to have a strong foundation in the leadership and management principles to give you the confidence to motivate and organise your team. This session will also help you to develop your decision-making skills and drive your business forward more effectively.
This session will provide you with a practical toolkit with tips, techniques and frameworks to help you have constructive conversations, prevent problems, build a strong team whilst saving time and money!
The session will cover:
• An analysis of your current business to identify missing skills/expertise and the challenges
• Team Management – open communication, linking team goals to business objectives
• Your Business Culture – what is the DNA of your business
• Team Development – training, delegation and trust, the importance of recruitment
• Leadership v Management – what is the difference and what makes you an effective leader?
• Emotional Intelligence and how to develop it
Following the Q&A there will be an opportunity for networking to help you get the most from the session. If you require follow up support, you can also book a 1:1 for a later date with one of the expert advisors – all for free!
To be eligible for this business session, you must have a micro or small business, based in Devon, which employees less than 250 staff.
Please ensure that if you are unable to attend the session, that you let us know so that we can move this place to another participant.
Please be advised that while the workshop is free of charge, we will ask you to fill in a registration form and session feedback form on the day. GetSet Adapt is a fully funded program, set up to support entrepreneurs and new businesses and this paperwork enables us to track our progress, measure our impact and continue providing you free support.